The Entertech workgroup launches at CES 2020!
Updated: Dec 20, 2019
What is Entertech?
The Entertech workgroup presents innovative and disruptive ideas that will have a strong impact on the future of media consumption, creation, and distribution. Entertech is a group of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, investors and institutions that will gather during CES 2020, January 7-10 in Las Vegas and at MyGlobalVillage.com to share their vision and expertise on the future of the entertainment industry. From large-scale American and international media companies to innovative startups and private equity investors, Entertech will offer a unique opportunity to meet with industry leaders interested in discussing how technology will continue to play a key role in the transformation of media.
At Entertech 2020, startups from around the world will present new business ideas and opportunities in the fields of :
1) Transformation of the consumer experience: content discovery and navigation, consumer interface, virtual reality, artificial intelligence and the television screen of tomorrow.
2) Content production value chain: new technologies that will optimize and improve the content production and distribution process. This includes video compression, transport, virtual reality, and 4K production, post-production and editing innovation.
3) Gaming of tomorrow: video game development and creation, the transformation of the user experience, gaming consoles, and eSports.
4) Music revolution: innovation impacting the music production process, delivery formats and platforms, new sound experience, and new monetization models.
How to participate in the Entertech pitching session at CES 2020?
Applications are now open for startups interested in presenting their business idea and concept at the Entertech pitching session. Pitching sessions will be organized under the “Tech For Life” (https://www.myglobalvillage.com/communities) community section of the Global Village. If selected, startups will have the opportunity to pitch in front of a high-profile jury made up of key representatives of the entertainment sector including investment groups, private equity firms, C-suite executives, trade organizations, technology hubs and institutions.
To learn more about the process and submit an application for the Entertech pitching session please click on the link below:
The Entertech Advisory Committee welcomes:
- Patrice Courtaban, COO TV5 USA (Chair)
- Dick Lippin, Chairman of The Lippin Group
- Lee Essner, President & COO Jukin Media
- Nil Shah, CEO of Verance
- Philippe Guelton, President, Crackle Plus
- Kevin Morris, Founder & CEO, Stormcast Cinema
- Andy Meyers, Producer and Founder of M3 Creative
- Stan Ruszkowski, President of The Boxoffice Company